About Me

Esther Solis // North House // Senior Project Blog 2012 // EQ: What is the most important skill of a successful dance movement therapist?

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Service Learning

  • I am working with Church Group of people who have learning difficulties. They have a program called Club Aspire. The're the people receive and hour and a half of Dance Therapy every Thursday.
  • My contact is Lynnette. She is the Dance Therapy instructor.

  • To complete the 10 hour requirement I've been attending this therapies for the last 3 months, give and take a couple of Tuesdays, and I help by going around and making sure every person is moving, reaching their potential. I have also helped them with their annual Holidays Dance Show. I worked with them for 5 hours and I was involved backstage making sure the kids where in the right place. Also, I participated in the actual show helping the kids that can't really move without assistance. Ultimately I've been working on teaching the kids a Hula routine. This will probably lead to the club having their own Fundraising Luau.

  • As of right now I've worked 21 and one half hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment