About Me

Esther Solis // North House // Senior Project Blog 2012 // EQ: What is the most important skill of a successful dance movement therapist?

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Independent Component 1


Literal

I, Esther Solis, affirm that I complited my Independent component which represents 30+ hours of work.
 
I took a ballet class for about 5 months. I would go once a week for an hour. When my parents where able to provide me with extra instruction time before class, I would go thirty minutes before my lesson and work with my instructor. I would practice on my own for and hour of thirty minutes on Thursdays depending how busy my days where.


Interpretive

By going to this class every week not only did I obtain a better shape but I was also able to understand many aspects of dance and movement. My body was able to go through soreness but also that relif when I had worked out. I think that by taking this class I obtained a good foundation of dance. Which is important because to become a successfull dance/movement therapy, you need to be able to know movement dance. Being able to experience this myself has only made me more aware of how each movement can help a patient. By going to lessons and practicing, I think this was one of the best things I could of done to help me with my senior project.


This experience helped me answer my EQ because I was able to know how to be more interpretative when it comes to dancing. In order to be successful in dance/movement therapy you need to know how to interpret and get involved with patients, especiallyin group. I was also able to learn from my instructor that Patience, is necessary! You need to know your students and their learning pace, because everyone is so diverse and different.

No comments:

Post a Comment