About Me

Esther Solis // North House // Senior Project Blog 2012 // EQ: What is the most important skill of a successful dance movement therapist?

Monday, May 14, 2012

Service Learning

Content:

(1) LIA Response to blog:

Literal

Service Learning Log
The contact information has remained the same as in my interview. I will give ortega the information again if necessary.
Contact: Lynnette Adams.
Interpretive

I think the most important thing I gained from this experiece is the change in my perspective. I really got to know the kids that I was working with. They go through daily struggles but most always come to the therapy session with a smile. I really got to learn how to work in this type of enviroment. How to interact with the instructor, my mentor, and staff that would work there. It was a really enriching experience.
    

Applied



How did what you did help you answer your EQ? Please explain.

Service learning helped me answer my EQ because I actually saw and participated on the process of dance/movement therapy sessions. I was able to see and talk to my mentor, Lynnette, about the kids and how their progress. I was also able to participate and lead the session, go around making sure everyone was participating in this group session.

No comments:

Post a Comment