About Me

Esther Solis // North House // Senior Project Blog 2012 // EQ: What is the most important skill of a successful dance movement therapist?

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Independent Component 1 Plan Approval

 
(1) For my independent study component I'm planning on taking dance classes. 
 
(2) I'm planning to meet the 30 hours of work requirement by taking a ballet class every Wednesday from 6:30 to 7:30pm and practicing at home under my mothers supervision(to make sure I do the moves correctly) three days a week for one hour. I've been taking the ballet class for a month now; with the studio hours and practice hours I will meet my 30 hour requirement precisely. 

(3) In my EQ I'm trying to find out what is most essential on becoming a dance therapy, how ever I think I want to change my EQ into " What is the most essential skill needed to become a successful dance/movement therapist?". I will have to talk to Mrs. Ortega about this but either way I think ballet is a good way to make sure I have the dance skills because dance is something that both of my questions focus on.



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about "What is the most important skill of a successful dance/movement therapist?" Otherwise, this looks really good. Does your mom have a background in dance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea that definitely sounds better! And my mom does have some background she would help instruct one of my dance classes when i was younger. My dad also has some dance background as well, he choreographs dances for events. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great...I'd like to have you take pics and keep a journal of this.

    ReplyDelete